Heartland Theatre Company is seeking eight 10-minute original plays to be considered for production in June of 2024 as part of our 21st annual 10-Minute Play Festival. This year, the theme is GHOSTS.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RULES:
1. Your play must fit the theme – GHOSTS – or it will not be considered.
2. Your play must fit our theater and its performance space.
3. We require internet submissions in MS Word or PDF.
4. When formatting your play, we ask that you follow our style sheet.
5. We are looking for NEW plays. Please do not send us anything that has previously been produced.
6. Your play must contain at least two (2) characters, but no more than four (4).
7. Heartland Theatre Company has a pool of actors ranging in age from 18 to 80. Make sure that your characters can be played by actors within that range.
8. Your play should consist mainly of dialogue, not monologues.
9. No children’s plays, musicals, or plays which were previously chosen as winners in any Heartland Theatre playwriting competition will be considered.
10. Do not put your name on the play itself, as submissions are judged blind. Make sure your title and page numbers appear on every page of the play, however.
11. Please read and consider the Judging Criteria.
12. Those plays which win and are staged will be videotaped for archival purposes.
13. No contracts beyond the guidelines mentioned here will be offered.
14. Only one entry will be accepted from each playwright.
15. Your play must be written in English.
16. Keep your play under ten minutes in length.
17. Remember that something has to happen in those ten minutes.
18. MAKE IT GOOD!
All entrants must complete and submit the
Your play must be in the theme GHOSTS or it will not be considered. You must attach your script in MS Word format (preferred) or PDF when you send the entry form.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES IS FEBRUARY 1, 2024. Finalists will be notified approximately mid-March. Winners will be announced approximately mid-April.
YOU will be notified if your script is a finalist or selected for performance. Winners will be posted on this web page, but the playwrights of those scripts not selected will not be notified. We appreciate the efforts of all playwrights who submit their scripts.
2024 10-MINUTE PLAY FESTIVAL PERFORMANCES:
May 30,31 & June 1,2 | 6,7,8,9 | 15,16,17 | 13,14,15* – 2024
*Two performances June 15
For a complete listing of previous 10-Minute Play winners, click here.