What is Heartland doing to provide a safe experience?
Our promise to you is that “nothing is more important to us than your health and well-being” and that we will not open until it is safe to do so. Now, with Tartuffe opening our season in September, we have these safety protocols in place, in compliance with the State of Illinois, McLean County Health Department and the Town of Normal:
- We are requiring all audience members to be masked, whether vaccinated or not, for the safety of all.
- Our ushers and box office volunteers are vaccinated and masked.
- Actors on stage are vaccinated and masked.
- We have the CDC-recommended MERV 13 filter for viruses installed in our HVAC system.
- We are wiping down the theatre and restrooms between shows.
- We are offering “touchless” playbills; you will pick up your own program.
- We are not serving our famous “store bought” cookies, but we offer “grab & donate & go” Five Star bottled water.
- Sanitization stations will be placed in the lobby and hallway for patrons.
How long will these protocols be in place?
We recognize that this is an ever-changing situation that may require further adjustments. We will revisit these safety protocols between shows and revise accordingly. Or it could very well be that all of these protocols are not necessary by the time September is here. Keep checking here on Heartland’s website for the most recent information as we get closer to opening, and throughout the season: www.heartlandtheatre.org.
Be assured that your safety, along with the safety of our actors and staff, is paramount. With each show, protocols for the current phase, according to State Mandates, will be in place. Best practices to reduce the transmission of the virus will be followed.
How did Heartland determine safety protocols for re-opening?
Last year the Board of Directors created three committees to research and stay on top of health and safety guidelines by the CDC, McLean County Department of Health, the State of Illinois and the Town of Normal. The committees were responsible for Patron/Volunteer Safety, Actor/Staff Safety and Financial Sustainability. A Disaster Preparedness Document was created and updated when guidelines changed. This information and recommendations from these committees, with Board approval, became Heartland’s Covid-19 Safety Policy.
– The Board of Directors of Heartland Theatre Company
June 20, 2021