This competition is closed as of 12:00 midnight CST on February 1, 2017.
Heartland Theatre Company is seeking eight short original plays to be considered for production in June of 2017 as part of our 15th annual 10-minute play festival. This year, the theme is THE GRADUATION PARTY.
The competition is open to all playwrights who wish to submit a play. Eight plays will be selected and performed from among all the submissions
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RULES:
1. Your play must fit the theme – THE GRADUATION PARTY – or it will not be considered.
2. Your play must fit our theater and its performance space.
3. We require internet submissions in MS Word or PDF.
4. When formatting your play, we ask that you follow our style sheet.
5. We are looking for NEW plays. Please do not send us anything that has previously been produced.
6. Your play must contain at least two (2) characters, but no more than four (4).
7. Heartland Theatre Company has a pool of actors ranging in age from 18 to 80. Make sure that your characters can be played by actors within that range.
8. Your play should consist mainly of dialogue, not monologues.
9. No children’s plays, musicals, or plays which were previously chosen as winners in any Heartland Theatre playwriting competition will be considered.
10. Do not put your name on the play itself, as submissions are judged blind. Make sure your title appears on every page of the play, however.
11. If your play cannot be considered for any reason, we will notify you as soon as possible. If, in the judges’ opinion, the problem is easily fixable and the play otherwise has merit, we may ask you for revisions. Asking for revisions is completely up to the judges and depends a great deal on timing. No plays submitted after January 1 will be considered for revisions. If you’d like to see what criteria the judges consider, please read the Judging Sheet (PDF or Word).
12. Those plays which win and are staged will be videotaped for archival purposes.
13. No contracts beyond the guidelines mentioned here will be offered.
14. Only one entry will be accepted from each playwright.
15. Your play must be written in English.
16. Keep your play under ten minutes in length.
17. Remember that something has to happen in those ten minutes.
18. MAKE IT GOOD!
All entrants must complete and submit
You must attach your script in MS Word format when you send the entry form.
***Deadline for entries considered for revisions is January 1, 2017. If you want the opportunity to do revisions, your play must be entered by January 1.***
DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES IS FEBRUARY 1, 2017.
Finalists will be notified approximately March 10.
Winners will be announced approximately March 31.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For a complete listing of previous 10-Minute Play winners, click here.